momposina

Hi, 

I wanted to ask about some of the hidden intricacies of vellum pressure. In particular I recently found out about the @pressuregradient attribute that determines the direction in which the object expands as pressure is applied. I wonder: 

• How is it determined? I suspect something to do with Normals, but then when I visualise the attribute it tends to always have a rough relationship with {0,0,0} - why? This leads to strange inflation especially if an object is off-center and then it trends away from the origin, as opposed to away from its center of mass...
  • Can it be manipulated in the solver? It would be nice to procedurally predetermine the inflate direction, although I'm not sure how to access or manipulate this attribute.
  • Can it be manipulated per frame?
  • If I have multiple objects that start in a rest position and their inflations happen one after another - one ball moves other balls out of rest position for example... Then once the ball that has already been moved starts to inflate, is it computing on the pressure attribute given at the start of the solve, or the one at it's current frame number?

I could probably word these questions better and I do apologise, but at the moment it seems I have run out of places/videos to read/listen to. Thanks a lot for your help!

Cheers.