Color Shadows

Hi, I'm trying to get opaque colored shadows projected into other geometry. So far I've gotten this result by using transparent geometry with a vex layered surface attached with the alpha set to 0 and the transmit value set to whatever color I choose. I get the expected result if I'm projecting over an object shaded in white, but if I change the color it mixes with the new color. I tried to create a new shader in VOPS that uses the shadow matte to cut out the color from the region I want to maintain for the opaque shadows, but the problem is that because I set the layered texture's alpha to 0 in the projecting object, the alpha is black.

How else could I do this?

I have seen the Ubershadow shader, but I would like to be able to color the shadows based on the color of projecting objects, not some arbitrary values. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hmm ... it looks like a ray is not considered as "shadow" if it's being transmitted through a transparent surface. What about doing your rendering in multiple passes then?

Pass 1: White receiver objects receiving the coloured shadows

Pass 2: Opaque Shadows with alpha = 1 with a shader that just does the Is Shadow Ray part.

Then you can use the alpha from pass 2 with pass 1?