(solved)uv after boolean fracture

Hello guys.

i using an boolean fracture to divide an geometry.

both of them have uv, but after the boolean sop the uvs of one of the objects gets messy.

i not sure why it is happening. i tried to get around with this issue using copy uv(from original), even attribute transfer to new one. but its just getting worst. i lost

ps: i will upload an simple .hip file 

boolean_fracture_uv.hip

booleanfracure_uv.thumb.JPG.fe86ab458d104bf30e49b2dd0d572fea.JPG

You just need to click on "Copy Cutting Surface Attributes" on the Boolean fracture and put uv in the Vertex Attributes. I believe the Boolean Fracture sop tries to do its own uv jazz on the inside which is why you are getting distorted uvs like this. By clicking the copy on, it should just bypass all that and use the incoming from your cutting planes.

Also, not quite sure why you have the extrude volume sop in there as it doesn't really do anything for cutting in this case.

image.thumb.png.7db36bd2cd0d7c35d71762578681ddda.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, rbowden said:

You just need to click on "Copy Cutting Surface Attributes" on the Boolean fracture and put uv in the Vertex Attributes. I believe the Boolean Fracture sop tries to do its own uv jazz on the inside which is why you are getting distorted uvs like this. By clicking the copy on, it should just bypass all that and use the incoming from your cutting planes.

Also, not quite sure why you have the extrude volume sop in there as it doesn't really do anything for cutting in this case.

image.thumb.png.7db36bd2cd0d7c35d71762578681ddda.png

damn!! thats it!!! i was totally fooled.

thankss 

• gangland changed the title to (solved)uv after boolean fracture