pyro look problems

evanrudefx

Hello:

I am seem to be having trouble getting pyro to look the way I want it too, especially with stylized fire/smaller flames. (For me at least) the worst looking part of any sim I do is either the sourcing or smoke close to the source. It seems like interesting detail doesn't really happen in smoke until disturbance/turbulence hits later on in the sim's life. If you look at this fire sim I rendered, https://vimeo.com/440159408 it looks fine, but if I want the flames to be smaller it looks pretty bad (no detail or nice motion). See where my blue line is on the photo, if I add dissipation or change the flame lifespan to end around the blue arrow, the fire looks pretty bad and you don't get too see nice swirls/licks as you can once it reaches the pink-ish arrow. The TLDR is I can get nice looking sims at bigger scales, but when I need smaller flames/smoke its hard to get nice motion early on in the sim. Any tips?

image.png.36db5920d476f88a902b5347df01bfde.png

Edited by ejr32123