VEX : array with operators (*,+,/,-) inside a loop

kstrev

Hi There,

I am trying to procedurally grab an operator from an array ex. array("*","+","/","-") and use it inside a loop to do a simple calculation.

Here is an example:

string operators[] = array("*","+");
f@tmp = 1;

for(int i=0;i<chi("iter");i++){

f@tmp `operators`= 2; //how do I convert the operators result to something meaningful for vex?

}

When I use an "i" as an index it doesnt error but it ignores whatever is inside the ``. If I add 0 as an index I am getting an error.

I have managed to make it work with an ordered menu by using `chs("orderedMenu")` and that works fine, although is not as flexible. In my case I don't want to use this approach cause I am going to end up with various different ordered menus. I would prefer if I could store the values of the ordered menus in an array and run it in a loop. 

Probably I don't understand the difference of the result between the ordered menu and the array and I am not even sure whether what I am trying to do is valid. 

If anyone could help with this would be great! I have attached a simple example in case anyone would like to have a look.

Thanks in advance guys,

Kostas 

operators_example_1.hipnc