I am building a flock using separation, cohesion, and alignment, but I'm modifying the alignment variable. Research showed that you can use a superfluid equation to define the speed of the turn information traveling through the flock, and that helps give the flock that really fluid look.

I'm trying to figure out how to control the speed of the information.

I need to 

1. be able to dynamically change the speed of the information based on the flocks cohesion (when they're more cohesive, the information travels faster)

2. be able to send out "waves" of information every frame, so 24 times a second

3. send out non-disappating waves (I tried the ripple solver, but one of the problems was the dissipation of the magnitude of the wave)

I'm thinking CHOPS might be the best bet, but right now I'm just finding a lot of CHOPS information dealing with sound and audio. LMK if anyone knows of a good node that could help me. Right now I'm looking into just hard-coding it in VEX (basically storing the velocity of ALL of the boids at 10 frame intervals), but that will be VERY intensive.