karma xpu colors

I'm aware karma XPU is in alpha, and is lacking alot of options with materials.  But my setup is essentially this: A sphere, a box, both in sop level, merged together. i gave them a color before the merge with the color node, and assigned a principled shader after the merge. In Lops, i can see the colors with karma CPU, but not with XPU by default. Is there a way around?

Karma XPU does not use VEX shaders like the Principled Shader. Behind the scenes your material is being translated to a simple USD Preview Surface. Instead you will want to use MaterialX nodes for XPU.

You can bring in your point colors using the MaterialX USD Primvar Reader, with the primvar name set to displayColor.

displayColor.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

thanks! that is pretty handy to know.

Other (not really that much related) question. I got an animated texture, tiff sequence, assigned to a "normal" principled shader which works in OBJ level, but when i do a scene import-all in lops, it only shows the first frame. How do i fix that?

Edited by rickvdvulkaan