Solaris Megascans create Variants (and proxy)

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well. I've been wanting to try solaris for a while now, and karma xpu has definitely decided to give it a chance

I try little by little to understand the concepts of the usd.

Today I would like to use plants, imported from megscans to scatter them on the ground. I know that the megascan plugin for houdini allows them to be imported automatically etc, the problem is that with this method I do not know how to assign proxies to it, put them in the Layout Asset Gallery etc etc.

That's why I tried to do it with the component builder, and it works really well, even with a lot of plants, my scene remains fluid etc.

Problem is, I can't figure out how to "automate" the import and creation of multiple "componentgeometry".

As you can see on the screenshots, I have to manually create the necessary number of componentgeometry, then plug in the source file for each variation of plants (to save a little time I linked everything to a switch node, then change the switch value on each component geometry). I was thinking of using the "for each" node but since I can't connect anything to the componentgeometry, I don't know how to do ...

Ideas ?

Capture d’écran 2021-12-11 092412.png

Capture d’écran 2021-12-11 092555.png

Edited by philippecounter