rigged/animated book

rickvdvulkaan

Hello!

I'm trying to model/animate a book which magically opens up, and with some windy page curls directly goes to a specific page, which then shows an animated texture where the letters, in harry potter style, fade onto the page. 

Now the animated texture itself is not the issue, i have lots of experience with compositing software. But the book model/rig itself is a tough one. I'm still a beginner with houdini. But i found this: https://mcworldkit.gumroad.com/l/OldBook

I don't think i'm allowed to share the files, i bought it, (kind of a shot in the dark, as i'm eager to learn!) but so far i can't find a way to texture each page separately, it looks like its all pages the same texture, or nothing. Does anyone have experience with this specific model?

If not, any other suggestions on where to start looking?

On 12/15/2021 at 9:36 PM, konstantin magnus said:

Hi Rick,
you possibly would give each page a unique ID in SOPs (eg. based on the copy number) in order to assign enumerated textures and distinguish front and back sides inside a shader. 

Hmm.. Not sure how exactly to do that yet, but i think i get your point. So all the pages created with a copy node could get a different material. that's pretty cool.