How to make HDA/Wrangle with arbitrary number of inputs?

raincole

I'm trying to make an HDA that works like this:

1. Accept any number of geometries as inputs.

2. Randomly select one of the inputs by their weight attribute, and output the selected one.

For example if I connect a sphere and a cube to its inputs, and set the sphere's weights as 2 and cube's as 3. Then there is a 40% chance that it outputs a sphere, and a 60% chance for a cube.

I know how to do it with Attribute Wrangle, if the number of inputs is fixed (1~4).

But what if I want an HDA that accepts any number of inputs? If I simply create an HDA with 999 inputs, while I can connect my inputs to it, I don't know how to connect them to the Attribute Wranglge inside. Attribute Wrangle only accepts 4 inputs. And even if I use spare input parameters, the number of spare inputs is still fixed...

Is there a better way to achieve this?

There are at least 2 ways of working this out.

1. Include a note to user to initialize weights and Merge before using your HDA, this only takes up 1 input but requires initialization.

2. Use Partition to create a class attribute for each input, then like #1, merging before plugging into HDA. Run a For Loop that iterates each class, you can use Python and multiparm to create parameters if you need to address each instance individually.