How to reorder an ordered group without changing point numbers?

It seems that Weld feature of Vellum Drape takes the ordering into account. I already have two groups that I want to weld together, but their orders are messed up.

1v4zh9673rw81.png?width=1216&format=png&auto=webp&s=3a259044d86616c2203388dc9ecf29a9e988d696

I can't use Sort SOP because it'll change their point numbers. I want to reorder them in existing ordered group, without changing the point numbers.

not sure how much flexibility there is in terms of creating the point ordering procedural in say vex. However, the "Planar patch from curves" sop is your friend here. It'll make point groups with the proper ordering so that your welds can work. This is great because once you have these in place you can procedural adjust the resolution of your geometry. If you look inside the attached you'll see an example. I'm using /obj/shirt/resample2 (the green node) as a means of controlling the resolution of "Planar patch from curves" sop as well as my resample. Works like a charm.

just_shirt_v22.hip