Copy CHOP stamping problem

I'm having a problem with copying some audio samples onto triggers in CHOPs. I've used the copy CHOP before and I don't remember it being as flaky as it is now so I wonder if I'm doing something wrong. My setup works when I load my scene but it doesn't update when I change anything so I have to shut H and reopen it to force it to refresh.

I've got a sequence of triggers and I've got a folder of samples of musical notes [.wavs] and the idea is to pick a note per trigger, but they should be in a particular key... so I've written a simple bit of python to give me a file number then I'm stamping that number in a file CHOP to pick the right file.

I don't get any errors and it works until I change anything in the incoming trigger channel, at which point the copies update to be at the right time etc but they all use the same file - and not the one specified by the third argument to the stamp function oddly, until that is I edit that function! In order to get it to work again I have to close and reopen.

It's like the memory needs flushing or something, I've tried switching everything to unload but that doesn't do anything.

Thanks for reading

Edited by j00ey

update :       ***!I found a work around!***

I thought I'd make a demo scene to post here and in doing so changed the name of the chopnet which made it update!

It's still a bit of a faff because I need to reset the audio panel output CHOP every time but much faster than restarting Houdini. I thought I might be able to make a secondary chopnet and fetch the output from the main one into that and point the audio panel to it but that doesn't work oddly.

Edited by j00ey