Animating pscale in vellum grains?

AlexAlex

Is it possible to animate pscale using vellum grains? I am using the setup from this video https://entagma.com/abstract-particle-animation-using-houdini-vellum-octane-render/  

I have it so I am able to randomize the pscale now, but if I try to adjust the pscale inside the vellum solver via a pop wrangle or geo wrangle, it will just scales infinitely either positive or negative. Animation outside the solver seems to be ignored.

Thank you.

On 2022/10/3 at 5:33 AM, AlexAlex said:

I wonder if it is because I am using vellum sop solver and something is different...

I think you can read in animated attribs in vellum sop solver as well using the similar approach,but somethimes the result may be different from DOP workflow's

SOP vellum workflow is actually DOP workflow but limited by default

vellum sop solver has no multisolver,so by default you can just modify data in vellum solver, but you can do it after vellum solver by bringing in multisolver

animate_vgrain_pscale_v2.hip

Edited by Benyee
  • Like 1

On 10/4/2022 at 9:40 AM, Benyee said:

I think you can read in animated attribs in vellum sop solver as well using the similar approach,but somethimes the result may be different from DOP workflow's

SOP vellum workflow is actually DOP workflow but limited by default

vellum sop solver has no multisolver,so by default you can just modify data in vellum solver, but you can do it after vellum solver by bringing in multisolver

animate_vgrain_pscale_v2.hip

Thank you so much again for your help and file! Very helpful. I realized that I was scaling them incorrectly inside the vellum solver, treating them like dumb particles, I was using @pscale *= chf("mult"); , of course every frame it was reading that and multiplying it by a certain degree and flying off into forever.