Adding Help And An Icon To A Custom Rop

We've now got a nice custom ROP for exporting to the open-source graphics engine, Ogre. To finish it off, we'd like to add a custom icon and some built-in help. Could someone in the know point us at example code and/or documentation on these two topics? As always, any help is much appreciated.

Edited by dee900

I tend to use gicon to make mine. They just need to be made of polys and then use the command line tool gicon to convert them to an icon format. You just give them the same name as your operator prefixed by the type, so in your case something like ROP_myRop. Then just place in your HOME directory in a config\Icons folder.

I'm not sure how you make icons out of pictures though, maybe houdini now read normal icon files in the same way, I haven't tried it.

Thanks, that works nicely. I'm using a posterized version of the icon image along with the Trace SOP to create a decent .poly. One question, are you able to get different color shades in your icon? I tried adding point colours but still see a solid light grey. In contrast, the stock Houdini icons show black, white and shades inbetween.