Edit Curve With Lock Length, Like Maya

Hi Everybody....

Can we edit the curve in Houdini with keeping its arc-length constant, like the Lock Length Feature in Maya???

I searched for different techniques and found many papers, but all of them include decomposing the curve using wavelets and interpolation. Is there any other simple method available??

Help Plz...

Hi Everybody....

Can we edit the curve in Houdini with keeping its arc-length constant, like the Lock Length Feature in Maya???

I searched for different techniques and found many papers, but all of them include decomposing the curve using wavelets and interpolation. Is there any other simple method available??

Help Plz...

On another software, far different from Houdini I simulated that constraining distance between CVs. Almost like bones for a spline. That kept the arc lenght really close to constant. I hope this helps.

I don'k know what is acceptible or not but if you don't mind the end control to drift off of the end point, you could resample the curve with Resample SOP and fixed division lengths. I don't know if you need to keep the original parameterization of the NURBs curve though...