Hqueque server

Hi all, I have a slightly different request and I'm turning to you who may have experience in this regard. I'm in the process of creating an Hqueque server to associate with my 4 workstations that I have in the studio. I have seen numerous guides but having no experience I have difficulty providing the right information to my usual supplier on the right hardware to buy to make it all happen. I forgot that I already have a 10gbit network infrastructure. While I understand that my request is very generic, I would be grateful for any info you could give me. Thank you

Your request is really too general. It seems you have some problems, but you do not say anything about any problems you have. The hqueue server does not need a special hardware since it only organizes the distribution of the hqueue jobs. You can even use one of your workstations as server.

• Like 1

Surely my request is very generic and I admit that it is difficult to give an answer. My request arises from the need to create a small studio with 4 workstations (which I already own) and I need to create a server to store the various assets, project files that can also be accessed externally from my internal network which is at 10Gbit: I was wondering how to speed up access to assets on a single source and having tried a NAS I was particularly disappointed by its slowness, so I was thinking of creating a server machine that was more performing than the NAS same. Obviously the machines that would run on Houdini would use a local NVME drive and thus have a custom path to the caches. So my question was about some hardware suggestions on how to create this server machine to act as asset/hip files repository.