TOPNET HDA / Resolve Node Error / Outside References / Absolute Paths

alginwe

Hi @all

I have run into an error i can not resolve nor understand. peculiar thing is topnet hda works fine even if transferred to another hip file. So basically i am looking for help understanding the error, especially the error message, since i could not find a solution when googling for an answer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TL:DR

what does "hdap_outputobj: _input1_obj_" reference?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am working on a topnet that creates geometry from external data. The steps have been encapsuled as much as possible, every encapsuled step is living in its own hda, writing its generated content to disk. The subsequent step is loading the results from disk, processing them, writes its outputs to disk. and so on.

I have checked and have had checked the hdas for external references and absolute paths, and i can not find any. In the topnet hda i have promoted my working directory to the HDA Type properties and all paths are relative to $PDG_DIR. All the generated geometry is correct and output to the correct paths. However, every time i save changes to the HDA, the following error message is presented:

The selected subnet has references to nodes outside
the subnet, or has references that use absolute paths
to operators inside the subnet.  These references
should be converted to relative internal references
or this operator type may not work properly in other
Hip files.

/obj/R-----------------------------------------------------Terrain/hdap_outputobj: _input1_obj_
        Unable to resolve node.
/obj/R-----------------------------------------------------Projection/hdap_outputobj: _input1_obj_
        Unable to resolve node.
/obj/R-----------------------------------------------------Points/hdap_outputobj: _input1_obj_
        Unable to resolve node.
/obj/R-----------------------------------------------------Data/hdap_outputobj: _input1_obj_
        Unable to resolve node.

I am unable to provide a hip file, since the information i am working on is heavily restricted. I just would like to know, what "hdap_outputobj: _input1_obj_" references...

I hope someone can enlighten me...

Best,

JFrank