How do i get Houdini to display Time and Date in font sop

samesami

I  have  a sample  scene for Houdini to get the time and date using python and display it using font sop but it's now working. I will be grateful if somebody can help me.

Thanks

node = hou.pwd()
geo = node.geometry()

# Add code to modify contents of geo.
# Use drop down menu to select examples.

import datetime
import hou

# Get the current system time
current_time = datetime.datetime.now()

# Convert the datetime object to a string
time_string = current_time.strftime("%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%f")

point = geo.createPoint()

current_time_attrib = point.addAttrib(hou.attribType.Point, "current_time", 0.0)

point.setAttribValue(current_time_attrib, time_string)

Get_OS_Time.hipnc

1-  addAttrib is a method of geo, not point

2- since you are referencing a detail attrib in the font sop you want to use a detail attrib which is attrib type Global ( lines 19 and 22 in python sop)

3- with the addAttrib functions, the default value tells you what flavor of attrib ( int, float string etc) so a string attrib needs a default string, in this case ""

4- you get a string from a detail attrib with the details() expression not detail() ( in the font sop)

5- also in the font sop you referenced the attrib by the wrong name, the variable in the python code is "current_time_attrib" but you named the attrib simply "current_time"

Hope this helps!
-jb

pythontime.JPG

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lugnut said:

1-  addAttrib is a method of geo, not point

2- since you are referencing a detail attrib in the font sop you want to use a detail attrib which is attrib type Global ( lines 19 and 22 in python sop)

3- with the addAttrib functions, the default value tells you what flavor of attrib ( int, float string etc) so a string attrib needs a default string, in this case ""

4- you get a string from a detail attrib with the details() expression not detail() ( in the font sop)

5- also in the font sop you referenced the attrib by the wrong name, the variable in the python code is "current_time_attrib" but you named the attrib simply "current_time"

Hope this helps!
-jb

pythontime.JPG

Thank you for your help.

• Like 1