Any way to render a 360/latlong flipbook?

I am making an animatic for a dome show which is a 360/latlong format. It's extremely high resolution, so I'd love to take advantage of the flipbook function in Houdini for the animatic, but since it uses the viewer, even when using a camera setup to be 360, the output is still a standard perspective view. So I guess there's two questions:

1. Is there any way to get the scene viewer to show the camera view in the correct perspective (spherical/latlong) instead of perspective when using that kind of camera?

2. Is there any way to use a ROP node to render the spherical/latlong frame in a low-res OpenGL-style way that is as quick as using a flipbook?

https://www.tokeru.com/cgwiki/HoudiniOculusWip

some good info. i would say no you can't by default. but you can setup a 6 cam rig with a 90 fov for each cam, and stitch them with a batch process using isixpack or any other cubemap2latlong command line tool.

if you want to work directly in VR like in maya / blender where you move object and see all directly in your hmd , i don't think it's possible. 

• Like 2