Hair Clump popping on animated meshes

lawrencen

Hi. I have been pulling my hair out trying to get my clumps to randomly not pop on a hair sim that is on top of an animated mesh (a cloth sum driving it). Attached is a mp4 of the popping. Its not on every frame, just randomly. And a screenshot is also attached of where its set up within the bigger sop tree. 

I have spent days touching every setting and item that I could think of that might be causing this. And its a production job so am now spending my weekend trouble shooting. Any insight on whats causing this would be huge. 

thanks!

H20.0.547

some background:

• I am doing a simple vellum cloth sim for the underlying geo. 
  • I am using low res hair as guides. that low res hair is going through a vellum solver. It all works good. If I test render this element its fine. 
  • I then hook up a high res hair. with clumping turned off its smooth and fine. With clumping turned on, I get some periodic random popping in some clumps. I have tried every setting I can think of up and down the entire project. nothing has fixed this. 

Screenshot 2024-02-18 111843.png

Edited by lawrencen