File Sop Not Working For New Files

markerline

Dear users:

I have been trying to import an Illustrator EPS file (legacy 3.0) into Houdini NC. I was able to do it with some older artwork using the same version of Illustrator but now when I try to export the file to legacy EPS and import it the file will not read. Using Geometry viewer produces 0 polys, points, etc. Is there a setting that I need to change (environment variables?) or is this because I'm on an NC license?

Thanks kindly,

markerline

What settings are you using when saving the eps?

I turn off all previews.

Believe it or not I found an old text file with instructions to include

%%Note: Houdini Forever

in the second line of the eps file in a text editor. And somehow this works.

The settings I was using was Tiff Black & White compression with options "include document thumbnails" and optoins "compatible gradient mesh printing".

I believe I got this instsruction from a previous issue I had with importing EPS but I'm not sure why one must use this workaround for a program as sophisticated as Houdini. Maybe it's just part of the NC version.

Thanks.

markerline

Believe it or not I found an old text file with instructions to include

%%Note: Houdini Forever

in the second line of the eps file in a text editor. And somehow this works.

The settings I was using was Tiff Black & White compression with options "include document thumbnails" and optoins "compatible gradient mesh printing".

I believe I got this instsruction from a previous issue I had with importing EPS but I'm not sure why one must use this workaround for a program as sophisticated as Houdini. Maybe it's just part of the NC version.

Thanks.

markerline

by the way I have to use Illustrator Legacy EPS 3.0