Modelling Workflow - Target Weld Equivalent?

GallenWolf

Hey all!

I'm working on my first model in Houdini, can't show it unfortunately, but is there a similar way to do 3DSMax's Target Weld in Houdini? Right now I'm using an Edit SOP to snap the points, and then use a Fuse SOP to weld them together. I have no issues with the tools - just want to improve my workflow.

Also, is there a way to move a line segment along edges? I.e. restrict the movement of vertices along the edges? Thanks!

Regards,

Alvin

I'm using an Edit SOP to snap the points, and then use a Fuse SOP to weld them together. I have no issues with the tools - just want to improve my workflow.

No, you are doing the right thing.

Also, is there a way to move a line segment along edges? I.e. restrict the movement of vertices along the edges? Thanks!

not really... unless you have template and modify the snapping options. CTRL+Shift+j will give you the dialog. You can try to rank geoEdge at a higher rating and see if that works for you. If you are looking for a nice way to redistribute points along an edge.. that is a long standing RFE as far as I know. I never tried it but I think SimonBarrick put out a HDK SOP that could allow you do something like it.

You should be able to find it on the forums with a search.

-k