New Free Vex Tutorial At Cmivfx

Hi everyone,

Upon general request, I've recorded a new free video tutorial hosted at our webpage.

http://cmivfx.com/tutorials.asp

tutorial no 57

It's about advanced VEX workflow: it shows you how to use multiple geometry inputs, how to include written code, and teaches you how to create visually controllable advanced noise ( for both fractal terrain and ocean modeling), with multiple inputs VEX SOPs.

The underlying idea is to describe your surface as the summation of noise octaves and to visually control the corresponding spectrum.

Of course, these topics will be covered in much more detail in our upcoming VEX DVD ( with terrain design like Terragen and ocean animation), but the tutorials give you some basics and insights.

(Don't forget our previous free tuts ( no 39 and 40), on fracture effects and fluid flow through l-systems).

-d

Edited by FrenchOP

Hi everyone,

Upon general request, I've recorded a new free video tutorial hosted at our webpage.

http://cmivfx.com/tutorials.asp

tutorial no 57

It's about advanced VEX workflow: it shows you how to use multiple geometry inputs, how to include written code, and teaches you how to create visually controllable advanced noise ( for both fractal terrain and ocean modeling), with multiple inputs VEX SOPs.

The underlying idea is to describe your surface as the summation of noise octaves and to visually control the corresponding spectrum.

Of course, these topics will be covered in much more detail in our upcoming VEX DVD ( with terrain design like Terragen and ocean animation), but the tutorials give you some basics and insights.

(Don't forget our previous free tuts ( no 39 and 40), on fracture effects and fluid flow through l-systems).

-d

Great to know more and more VEX tutorial is coming.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

Sorry to necro-post, but has anyone had this working in Houdini 8.2.13?

Everything works ok, until a for-loop VOP is added, then I get an error, and the surface geometry goes flat.

post-2039-1185728910_thumb.jpg

If I carry on to complete the for-loop, I get this error...

post-2039-1185728975_thumb.jpg

Is there something obvious I am missing, or am I mis-understanding something?

Thanks in advance!