Best Way To Store Lots Of Attribute Data?

I'm writing a softbody/spring like system. I want to store my spring list as detail attrs or something similar that's not per point or prim. Each spring currently has 4 values which I'm stuffing in a UT_Vector4 (attachment point1 number, attachment point2 number, restlength, activestate). I'd like to make one of these per spring.. there could be hundreds of springs.

I can make a long float array detail like "springs[400]" which would contain 100 springs for example all strung together in the array. is there any such thing as "springs[100][4]"? I can also make a ton a detail attrs like "spring0[4] spring1[4] spring2[4].."

anyway, they all look sort of ugly. I want to expose the springs as attrs so other pops can manipulate the spring length or deactivate them. What's the best approach?

thnx

d

Hi Daniel,

Would a detail "index-pair" type attribute seem the most logical?

I've never coded such a beast myself but you could probably prototype what you want to do in CHOPs maybe? (I think it supports index-pair attrs for weighting information)

Cheers,

Jason

Hi Daniel,

Would a detail "index-pair" type attribute seem the most logical?

I've never coded such a beast myself but you could probably prototype what you want to do in CHOPs maybe? (I think it supports index-pair attrs for weighting information)

Cheers,

Jason

Ah Right.. I knew there was something like this, just couldn't remember exactly where it was. Thanks, that will probably do the trick.