L Variable

ptakun

Hey all!

It's possible to get L variable from light to modify opacity in objects

during mantra evaluate shader for shadow ray?

when dot(L,N) <0 my shadow start very sharp. I need smooth effect similar when shadow is turn off.

in hip file go to /obj/geo1/shopnet1/vopnet1/thin_trans/wrap_light and turn on/off shadow.

thanks!! :rolleyes:

Ptakun

wrap_light.hip

Hey all!

It's possible to get L variable from light to modify opacity in objects

during mantra evaluate shader for shadow ray?

when dot(L,N) <0 my shadow start very sharp. I need smooth effect similar when shadow is turn off.

in hip file go to /obj/geo1/shopnet1/vopnet1/thin_trans/wrap_light and turn on/off shadow.

thanks!! :rolleyes:

Ptakun

Hey ptakun,

I haven't looked at the file, but I'm assuming you're trying to mix "wrapped" lighting and mapped shadows. If that's the case, then I can tell you they don't play well together. For wrapped lighting, you should really use traced shadows with a >0 spread and multiple samples -- the bigger the wrap, the bigger the solid angle (spread) of the trace. Otherwise you get into all kinds of nonsense with having to reduce the size of your objects when creating the shadow maps, so that it doesn't ruin your wrapping... and that's a headache.

HTH.

Hey ptakun,

Otherwise you get into all kinds of nonsense with having to reduce the size of your objects when creating the shadow maps, so that it doesn't ruin your wrapping... and that's a headache.

Right!

Thanks