Oranda Wip

photex

They are really popular in parts of Asia. It's a great attraction for kids when they first see them.

The model looks like it's coming together though I would like to see the gill/cheek area exaggerated more like the fish itself. My 2c, of course. :)

Cheers!

steven

Thanks for taking a look. Part of the problem with the gill area right now is that when trying to use the scuplt sop I'm getting folding where I initially had a crease for the gills (before I made the guy chubby). I'm think that I can use the comb sop to influence how the sculpt sop handles this area but I'd love to hear other ideas or suggestions.

Today was my birthday so it's late/early and I've been out a long time, but tomorrow when I wake up I'm going to attempt this. haha

cheers! :)

Got UVs in a "good start" state, and I've exaggerated the gills a bit. I agree that a better defined gill area was something that was missing. However as these things go I think it's not quite right and there's sort of a bad-in bad-out thing happening with the topology where I think I went too hi-res too quickly and I'm finding some areas that are giving me grief and it's really unwieldly to work with. Learning experience! :unsure:

I've attached a simple render to show how the shader is sitting on the model at the moment.

thanks for the comments, I appreciate the extra eyes.

post-1155-1183847593_thumb.jpg

post-1155-1183847598_thumb.jpg

Another update:

First image is a nicer render with AO added. The next two images are a comparison of my anti-aliasing effort on the fish scales.

Haven't added the wen (head funk) back to Earl yet (my wife started calling him that, I think it's 'catchy' nyuck nyuck) because I've been a bit more interested in the anti-aliasing and fins at the moment. I'm hoping to start having a turn-table of him soon. The whole idea was for him to be a shader showcase, so I think I need that "price is right" kind of setup. :)

post-1155-1184511998_thumb.jpg

post-1155-1184512036.jpg

post-1155-1184512045.jpg

Edited by photex

• 3 weeks later...