How To Read L-system Animation As Wire Obj In Dops ?

cellchuk

Hi,

I need some help here

I have a growing L-system animation and I am trying to read this animation in DOPs as a wire object.

Normally I am able to read the animated l-system which does not have animation in generations parameter [no growing] by using Wire object [animated geometry option clicked]

However when I animate the generation parameter to have it grow. Wire Object [with animated geo option] can not read the animation it just freezes.

So, if the L-system growing is a deformation

How do you read deformed geometry as a wire object ???

Thanx

Use Animated Geometry

Causes the geometry for the object to be pulled from the chosen SOP at each timestep. The positions of the points will be used to set the initial wire state, but will be simulated after that. However, attributes from the animated geometry will be used.

sounds to me like you can't change point count on the geometry...which makes using an l-system as a default object a bit strange...

Use Animated Geometry

Causes the geometry for the object to be pulled from the chosen SOP at each timestep. The positions of the points will be used to set the initial wire state, but will be simulated after that. However, attributes from the animated geometry will be used.

sounds to me like you can't change point count on the geometry...which makes using an l-system as a default object a bit strange...

Hmm I see

Thanx for the explanation arctor.

So In this case It doesnt look like its possible to use growing l-sys as wires. :(

and yeah l-sys tree as the default geometry doesnt fit then :)

if you have any suggestions about using the attributes, would be appreciated.

Cheers.