Find Attribute

Hi, if I want to find an attribute of a particular name, but don't care whether it's point/prim/vertex/detail or float/int/vector/string, is there a method that'd allow me for a quick check? or do I have to check in point/prim/vertex... etc. etc. for them? also, if I do need to check in piont/prim/vert etc etc. will I need to go through each of them in certain order to check or any of the same named attribute in certain class?

much thanks!

hmm... thinking some more about it, I guess findAttrib() will suit my need.

However, just wonder, assuming that the same named attribute exist in point/prim/vert/detail, I assuming that these are the order of importance? vertex - point - prim - detail?

Hahaha. I just realized that didn'tmake much sense earlier -- considering that I just woke up with stuff in my mind (was dreaming about something too). :) Anyways, I got a few ideas I am going to try. What I was trying to do was just to check for incoming attributes and create a matching varmap out of it. I was just thinking what I would need to do in an unlikely scenerio that users have both float/int or float/vector, etc, etc, with the same attribute name or if there is a point/prim attribute of the same name, etc.

:)