Chunks Render

cherm

hi there,

The thing is that I am now trying to texture chunks of my broken ground. I have seperated the top, sides and bottom primitives like Miguel did in his Road Destruction. But the problem is that when I applied some displacement into my shader, they fell apart. I tried to fuse all the points together, but the fuse sop gave me an unsmooth surface instead, which I believe it's due to the normals, but I just don't know how to fix it. please help. thanks in advance.

post-2528-1187621865_thumb.jpg

post-2528-1187621886_thumb.jpg camera project the texture on top, with no displacement just yet though

post-2528-1187621924_thumb.jpg problem after applying the vexFractualDent.

Move the job to Houdini 9 and use creases on the edges of the chunks. Mantra supports creases in H9.

You can fuse the edges and your displacements will work properly on the edges.

Unfortunately, We don't have H9 installed in our school just yet.

Thanks Sibarrick

Your idea is good, but I just don't know how to do that. sorry....Can you point out more? Can I divide my geometry after DOPs simulation? The thing is I've already finished the simulation, and it took ages.

By the way, the below is an rendered image after I piped in the fuse sop.

post-2528-1187645757_thumb.jpg

The displacement on the sides seem to work fine, but it's all messed up on the top :( .

• 1 year later...