Displaying Textures And Vex Shaders In Houdini 9 And Uv Atlases

ofer

Hi.

I have a nice model, (I'll post a video in the WIP forum). I modelled it using modo/houdini/zbrush and painted in zbrush. Now I want to export the model with all the texture maps to houdini. But I didn't create UVs before hand, so I have to do it now. Anyway, I have a few questions -

How do I display a texture in the viewport, and how do I display a vex shader in the viewport???

I can do it in H8, but not in H9, somewhy.

What is the easiest way to put a checker-map on the model, to see the uv while I edit it?

Since I dont plan to add animation, I tried using the UVAtlas feature to add UV automatically from within ZBruhs. When rendering the result in houdini, there were a lot of seams in the render. Is it supposed to work good? Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Thanks.

OK, I solved most problems. I had to use a material SOP to see the texture in the viewport. I don't really understand this new system yet.

The UVAtlas works good, but the coordinate system is flipped, so I had to flip it also.

I still don't see how to preview my vex shader, even while I build it.