Problem Export/importing Textures

Hello ,

I have small question related to Houdini 9 .

I want to export my geometry along with with texture and uv infromation .

Now Problem part is

When I export my Geometry in *.bgeo file format it misses all the information related to textures and uv information .

and when I import the *.bgeo file in some other houdini file my object comes in blank without textures

Can anyone please help me with this .

Many thanks

Zohaib

The bgeo file format retains all the geometry attributes that are attached at the moment of export, including UV. Textures are not a part of geometry attributes, they are used by shaders to control various stuff. So you can't export textures (or shaders) in the bgeo format (but you can export shader strings as primitive attributes).

Dragos

The bgeo file format retains all the geometry attributes that are attached at the moment of export, including UV. Textures are not a part of geometry attributes, they are used by shaders to control various stuff. So you can't export textures (or shaders) in the bgeo format (but you can export shader strings as primitive attributes).

Dragos

Dragos

Hi,

the idea is that if you put uv on your geometry (with UVProject sop for example) and save the bgeo, the UV get saved too. Also, if you attach a shader or material at the SOP level (with the Material SOP), the strings (path) to the material get saved too, so if you import the geo in the same scene or in one where the same shader is at the same place, the geo "remembers" it.

Check this: make a Geometry object, then inside put a Sphere SOP (polygonal), followed by a UVProject SOP and then a Material SOP. In Material SOP specify a material you placed (for example from the material pallette).

Now, if you press Middle Mouse Button on the Material SOP, in the Info box you will see there are 2 attributes, the UV and the shop_material_path. If you save the geometry, get it back with the File SOP and press again MMB on the node, you'll see they are still there.

Dragos

Hello I have tried the option and it worked for me .

Also wat I did was to merge the HIp file in my Proxy sim and then Applied the DOPimport SOp at the end it and it worked just file along with all the textures.