Creating A Volume Based On Point Velocity

ihab

Hi Guys,

I wasgoing through the course material presentations at the tutorials section of the SESI website, the one about advanced fluids. There's a way to create velocity fields to use with the gas solver. The velocity field is created from 3 iso surface sops merged together that use noise functions to create implicit sufaces. the surfaces are used to output volumes. Each volume defines the velocity in one axis.

If i want to use an animated geometry's point velocity to create velocity fields that act on a gas fluid. The problem lies in one thing. I'm trying to create velocity fields from the velocity of points in a deforming object. How can i generate a volume from say the x component of the point velocity? I need to set the density of the volume to $VX of the incoming geometry. The isoOffset sop doesn't contain an option to set the density of the generated SDF volume. am i going in the right direction or is there another way of doing this?

Cheers

thanks mate ;)

one more thing, how do you force the fluid object size to follow the bounds of the sop that defines the density?

cheers,

Dude,

Sorry for the late reply, work has been killer. What's worse, it's more killer since I don't get to use Houdini :(

Please see if this example will solve what you need.

Regards,

Alvin