Digirama - Wolf Orphenoch

GallenWolf

Hey Alvin,

pretty cool stuff! i have a couple of comments though,

1. The FG object and the BG don't blend together well. The lighting is a bit different. and your object is a bit more saturated than the BG.

2. The pillars are a bit too regular still.

i like the overall mood of the image.

cheers

hey man

this is looking good.

it would be quiet a nice test to see what u can get out of an IBL test, once u've taken over the world with Delayed Load Procedural's :euro:

I'm actually looking into doing something similar, so i might have to pick ur brain if u beat me too it B)

brian

Hey guys thanks for the support and comments :)

brian, how life @ CFC? Hope the weather is good! I will give the IBL + delayed load thing a run over lunch and post the results when they're done.... time to get a light probe from Mr Debevec's website :)

If anyone's interested I could post my hip file - I didn't want to post it because this was meant to be a real quick & dirty background for my toy, and it's not really *ahem* clean.

Alvin

Ok! Here's the hip file. Once again, this was meant as a quick and dirty test/project, so alot of stuff in the hip file is really... horrible.

Brian, unfortunately I am having no luck rendering the image with IBL - somehow, my ram usage ballons into the 1.6+GB area, and will segfault winxp - and I only have 2gb of ram. This is even after I removed alot of the geometry and textures. Very odd, considering that I actually used PBR for my final render.... I will look into this for a bit. Already put verbosity for mantra at 5, nothing. I think it's my lack of ram. Very, very odd.

Alvin

pillars2.hipnc

Edited by GallenWolf