Vex Shadow Matte And Physically Based Rendering

jwoelper

Hi everyone,

I hope this is th right place to post. I Have read through the help and the forum, but I can not get the VEX Shadowmatte shader to work together with PBR. If rendered "traditionally" through micropolygon rendering, all renders as expected and my shadow appears on the VEX Shadow Matte surface.

Is there a workaround to catch all occlusion / shadows in PBR mode for later compositing?

Thanks

Johann

• 2 months later...
Hi everyone,

I hope this is th right place to post. I Have read through the help and the forum, but I can not get the VEX Shadowmatte shader to work together with PBR. If rendered "traditionally" through micropolygon rendering, all renders as expected and my shadow appears on the VEX Shadow Matte surface.

Is there a workaround to catch all occlusion / shadows in PBR mode for later compositing?

Thanks

Johann

oh, thats a nice problem....

i hope i can help you

hello, iam visual effects artist...and composer.... and when i render out some planes for shadows and so on, i make up special shaders and i dont create shadow mat shaders....because they are very bad to handle in compositing....

my approach is, that i create a diffuse plane with 0.5 points grey amount, then i made a light, wich cast green or, violett shadows onto that plane, and only on that plane....same way you can get occlusion and shadows in one pass... another good idea is to put, occlusion in the alpha pass....and the shadows in rgb pass.....

you only get very good results with compositing.....maybe with nuke or shake, maybe fusion 5