displacement in air

I am using Sitex Air for some time now, but i still cant figure out how to enable true displacement from Houdini. Adding rendering parameter "True Displacement" from Edit Rendering Parameters to ROP, SHOP or object does not seem to do the trick. Only i know is to edit .rib and add "Attribute "render" "truedisplacement" 1" line to it. Is it possible to create such an attribute with Attribute Create SOP ?

ty kumpa

Hey

I think there are there are a number of ways to append that little snippet of code into your rib,

One of the best methods would be taking advantage of SOHO, which is for another topic completely.

however one way i've used before and that is very simple to setup would be using the the pre-include script.

you can do this by clicking on the little gear on object, "Edit Rendering Parameters"

post-585-1206210430_thumb.png

Then append the *include parameters.

that will produce the following parameters on your object.

post-585-1206210368_thumb.png

this will allow you too embed any custom rib/text into the rib that are specific to that object. very useful :)

post-585-1206210500_thumb.png

once you've appended the parameters, just past that line of code into either the obj pre or post include, not too sure off hand.

while looking up that method i came across user defined attributes that are also embedded into the rib, that might be worth investigating is

post-585-1206211074_thumb.png

I dont have air running on my box, so i hope this all makes sense, and most importantly works.

There are some example files that come along with air that are well worth looking at, just too understand how things should be setup, ie for volumetrics, or displacement etc, essentially thats what you've gotta aim for.

hope this helps

brian