export rotation key??

minnie

Hi, hello~~

I have a question...

How can I export position and rotation keys of the object which is animated by copySOP.

I mean, I attatch an object on the grid that is moved by mountain node.

Can you understand me? I can't explane everything because of my poor English... ^^;;

I'd tried using CHOP nodes(i.e. fetch, geometry, object..) but it didn't work.

If you can help me.. Please~~~ save me~!!!!

Edited by minnie

Hi, hello~~

I have a question...

How can I export position and rotation keys of the object which is animated by copySOP.

I mean, I attatch an object on the grid that is moved by mountain node.

Can you understand me? I can't explane everything because of my poor English... ^^;;

I'd tried using CHOP nodes(i.e. fetch, geometry, object..) but it didn't work.

If you can help me.. Please~~~ save me~!!!!

1. You geometry (say box) is copied onto the grid, the grid is deformed by MountianSOP, is that right?

2. Where do you want to export this data to?

3. Are you interested in per point transformation data or just word transform per every box?

4. Can you prepare example scene, would be easer to help you?

5. Why you're so dramatic? ;)

1. You geometry (say box) is copied onto the grid, the grid is deformed by MountianSOP, is that right?

2. Where do you want to export this data to?

3. Are you interested in per point transformation data or just word transform per every box?

4. Can you prepare example scene, would be easer to help you?

5. Why you're so dramatic? ;)

1.yes. right~

2. I want to export keys to .chan files, because I'll using that data in maya.

3. I just want to get data of transform per every box.

4. I prepared the example scene...

5. Because I have to solve that problem as soon as possible... It's emergency....

I hope you be my savior~~ ^^

Edited by minnie

1.yes. right~

2. I want to export keys to .chan files, because I'll using that data in maya.

3. I just want to get data of transform per every box.

4. I prepared the example scene...

5. Because I have to solve that problem as soon as possible... It's emergency....

I hope you be my savior~~ ^^

1. If you want just transformation it's quite easy, just add Geometry CHOP into a CHOP network and point it to the grid (not CopySOP), RMB on it -> Save Channels Data... -> choose your file name with proper extension (*.chan)

2. If you need your boxes to rotate based on a points attributes it's slightly more complicated (well, perhaps there is an easy way doing this which I'm not aware of for a moment).

Using Mountain SOP you're deforming a grid by VEX with vectors computations (you displace points along normals), then Houdini computes new points' attributes from that and CopySOP rotates your boxes based on it. This is quite a different thing than using rotation parameters in world space.

So basically if you want to get Euler rotations from that, you have to build a rotation matrix against original and modified attribute (normals in my case) This matrix gives you the picture of what actually happened with points during MountainSOP transformations. These matrix AFAIK can be computed with AlignVOP, from which you can extract rotation with Extract Transform VOP. Saving it as a point attribute and exporting via CHOPs as any other attribute accomplishes the goal.

In my scene still there are small differences between MountaindSOP's boxes and these recreated with a path I've described above. I'm sure someone else can give you better math for that.

The question remains what your data have to look like to be useful in Maya. Should CHOPs be in static or Animated mode? Not sure of that, sorry.

Hope this helps,

Simon.

recompute_rotation.hipnc

Edited by SYmek

I need your help one more thing..

I can't find "matrix3 to matix4" node in vop Sop..

It's available your scene, but it's not available in the new scene...

How can I get that?

I'm guessing you use an old build, 9.1.124 possibly? If so, upgrade it first. General advice is to try stay in sync with at least latest production build which is 9.1.179 for now. I wouldn't mind also to download the latest daily builds from time to time (once for two weeks in my case). Reading Developers Journal gives you a hint what news in it.

Anyway, matrix3 to matrix4 can be achieved also with InlineVOP. Connect matrix3 into a InlineVOP, set Output 1 Type to "Matrix", name it somehow like a "m4", and put into a Inline VEX Code field:

$m4 = $matx; - assuming that the name of a variable from matrix3 was matx.

Done.

Edited by SYmek