how to emit paricle sprites form edges of a beakup DOPs

zasid

Hello Everyone,

I have made this breakup simulation of a wall.

• Problem part is
  • Once it breaks up I want particle to emit from the edges of each geometry group.
  • So that I can convert those particles as sprites and make them look like a dust cloud.

I can't figure out how to do it as I m not a very expression techy guy.

I am posting the hip file and would be very thankful for any help.

Thank you .

Breakup_Via_VOPS.hip

Breakup_Via_VOPS.hip

Add PopNetwork/SourcePOP and there on the first TAB you can choose Emmision Type: Edges

the fastest method I know :lol:

Yes but I want it impact based.Impact should trigger the popnet work for the emission.and the Edge methoud would trigger every edge to emit particle not the edges between the crack .

Guest Swann
Yes but I want it impact based.Impact should trigger the popnet work for the emission.

There is no problem with extracting impact data from Dops, Alt+Shift+T type exhelp and look for expressions like "dopnumrecords" - whitch give you information "how many impacts" , "dopfield" - give you posibility to extract position of impact, and check couple of others with dop name in the beggining

and the Edge methoud would trigger every edge to emit particle not the edges between the crack .

as for these, hm..., there is no option (maybe there is but I don't know it) to choose edges only(groupSop still lacks group by edge :( ), but maybe you can colorize geo in places where there is impacts and use it to emit particles from edges of colored polygons

Check this video, I haven't watched it yet but from what I saw it shows how to colorize geo and emit particles from colored places

Colorize Colision

Edited by SWANN

Guest Swann

Maybe you can use LocationPOP and for coordinates use dopfield expression, it's only sugestion, I haven't tried this, but I don't see reason why it should't work. You need also copy this to every place where impact occurs.

Edited by SWANN

You can also make a chop network and import impact data using a dynamics chop. Basically create a trigger using the impulse channel and use this to set the tx, ty and tz values. Branch this to create some sort of emission channel. Then create an export chop and override your coordinates in the popnetwork and constant activation trigger. I'll try to make a hip file for you today to illustrate this effect.

It's really straight forward and gives good results (always accurate)

Cheers Coen

Hello Guys,

I have managed to do it through CHOPS, I guess and m very close what I am unable to do is to call the 0 or 1 value from CHOPs into my Particles Const activation field.

I know it must be very very simple expression but I dont know how to do it can any one paste it for me :).

I did use the Chops function their but it doesn't seem to work may be because I am not following the syntax anyways have a look at my hip file.

Thank you very much.

Breakup_Via_VOPS3.hip

Edited by zasid

Hello Guys,

I have managed to do it through CHOPS, I guess and m very close what I am unable to do is to call the 0 or 1 value from CHOPs into my Particles Const activation field.

I know it must be very very simple expression but I dont know how to do it can any one paste it for me :).

I did use the Chops function their but it doesn't seem to work may be because I am not following the syntax anyways have a look at my hip file.

Thank you very much.

Hey Zasid

You need an on of trigger based on the impulse data. So what you can do is first filter out what isn't needed with an expression. (so that not every bounce gives you emission) So createn an expression chop and fill in something like: if ($V <=700,0,$V) This means that channels below a value of 700 get deleted.

Next you need a logic chop. To set all you data between the range of 0 - 1

A trigger chop will give you the control of having channels on or off for longer periods. Make sure there's no sustain and set the attack Peak Length to something like 0.1 (for about a period of two frames).

That's it.

Cheers Coen