tornado crashing through a building

vfxkid

hi all

i am working on a project that a tornado crashes through a house. i have set up all the fractures of the house but i am having small problem in the dop network.

- I am trying to use the metabals in sopnet to influence my fracture objects so that it would twist but its is not showing up. I am not sure if i am doing it the right way.

- Also is there any way i could add only gravity intitializer inside the metaball so that once building is inside the range of the metaball gravity will start acting on it.

thanks

sKs

the file has only one side of the roof and the problem is in the ../obj/house/dopnet1

final.rar

Edited by vfxkid

• 9 months later...
hi all

i am working on a project that a tornado crashes through a house. i have set up all the fractures of the house but i am having small problem in the dop network.

- I am trying to use the metabals in sopnet to influence my fracture objects so that it would twist but its is not showing up. I am not sure if i am doing it the right way.

- Also is there any way i could add only gravity intitializer inside the metaball so that once building is inside the range of the metaball gravity will start acting on it.

thanks

sKs

the file has only one side of the roof and the problem is in the ../obj/house/dopnet1

Hi buddy, I looked into your scene, and I think to use vortex force you need create a nurbs curve, add Vortex Force Attribute, and after rather then plug metaballs into your sopgeo try plug this curve. In this case you will receive chunks flying around and along your curve. And after that you can add metaballs with magnet force to control how debris will be sucked by tornado. I attached your file with those correction. Hope it will help . By the way nice tornado setup :) ......

tornado_top4.hip