Switching from SOP TO DOP animation

zasid

Hello everyone

I have animated few letters by hand now after some frame of animation I want to switch to DOP so that I can apply my Breakup effect on my letters but don't know to make a seamless switch between the two.

Will be very thankful for any help.

Make the letters (sops) read into an RBD Fractured object. Set the Fractured object to create objects on every frame instead of a single frame, or $FF. However, this is a little trickier than it seems because you don't want a bunch of duplicates. So, you'll need to only have the groups or whatever "appear" once they're ready to go into the sim, and then have them dissapear right afterwards. I've found a good way to do this is to run a simulation first on the geometry with a SOP solver. Make some logic like if the point attribute is 0, then do nothing. If it's greater than zero, set to 1 ... if it's 1 (from the previous iteration) set to negative 1. So, by animating this attribute to spread across your mesh than you can trigger your attributes only at a single instance.

Then, before going into the sim, use a Delete SOP, and delete by the expression being 1.

.. in terms of the forces, use the "inherit velocity from point velocity" checkbox on the RBD fractured object, and add some velocity to your sops

Hello everyone

I have animated few letters by hand now after some frame of animation I want to switch to DOP so that I can apply my Breakup effect on my letters but don't know to make a seamless switch between the two.

Will be very thankful for any help.