H9.1/rman 13.5

Hello!

I made the mistake of upgrading a workstation to H9.1/rman 13.5 and it has not been a warm and fuzzy experience. H8.2/rman 12.5 works perfectly but the H9.1/13.5 combination will not give me any framebuffer for ip or md and no shop previews so everything has to rendered to images files and 'sho'd' from there or off to ribs and manually shader assigned from the rib files. No textures ever appear in renders (default plastic shader). No shell erorr messages or complaints, ran proto_install for mplay, updated shaders to library first with rmands then slo2otl.py, also set environment for HOUDINI_RI_SHADERPATH to include all rman and h9.1 shader locations.

So ... does anyone have H9.1/13.5 running for real? I know there has never been any proper docs or help files for rman/houdini integration but generally I've managed to get it up and running in the past after trial and error. This time I am defeated and just rolling back to older versions. Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

image attached is only way to render image. Any framebuffer setting errors but if I roll back to H8.2, framebuffer works fine when set to ip or md with framebuffer.

post-1484-1209362182_thumb.jpg