other point attribute assignment

superdjo

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to write a vex sop in which I feed a single point of a geometry. It parses through the rest of it for a certain number of iterations finding its neigbours and assigning point attributes to them. I was wondering how to assign the values to those other points found during my while or for loop. addattribute puts the attribute of the current point, but the current point is the only point I feed the vex sop with.

I also need to have them in the order I find them so I can add the attribute I need in some sort of linear gradient values.

Any Ideas anyone, maybe some other way to achieve this ?

Thanx

Djo

The only way i can think of in vex is basically to repeat the calculation you do but for each point regardless of whether it has already been visited, in other words you can't gain any speed by assigning values to the neighbouring points you just have to repeat yourself for each one. You might be able to write values into a point cloud to help but it really depends on the specifics of what you are trying to do.

This is one of those areas where the speed gain of vex get negated by the convolutions of having to code in SIMD.

You might be able to do this in python, but I don't know if they have added support for attributes and geometry connectivity yet.