Painting_l_systems onto geo using CHOPS

Hello everyone,

I have followed the L-System tutorials by David Gray and am currently developing painting L-Systems onto geometry using CHOPS. Everything works great i am just struggling with rendering out the end product of the growth / painted L-System on the geometry over a per frame basis. As the channels are linked to the timeline every time you go back to the start it erases the last drawn path so i cant render out what i have just painted. I have tried key framing the timeline this does not seem to work, do i need to set up another channel this time animated to record process then export this back out? I have tried a few times but cant seem to get the right parameters linked to the right channels and export geometry If any one has any experience with this and knows the solution and can point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated.

Thank you!!!

Thanks for your response.

It sounds too good to be true!!! well as soon as my Houdini stops misbehaving i will give it a try. Fingers crossed!

In the meantime i am getting some quite interesting work from key-ing the L-system over set number of generations through a copy sop! It gets quite a smooth organic motion.

Cheers!

post-3754-1209893215_thumb.jpg

post-3754-1209893286_thumb.jpg