Bevel text

Ok, here goes my first post and a silly question about beveling text in Houdini:

I decide to post this in case someone out there knows a shorter way to bevel the edges of text in Houdini. I think the Maya's interface for creating, extruding, and beveling text in one window is quite nice and I was surprised of how long it took me to do this in Houdini. I am trying to do some particle work in H9 so I want to make the text in H9 as well. Since I am coming from a modeling backgroudn, I don't like sharp edges so I have the habit of beveling everything. After a while of trial and error I manged to get my results but only after 6 SOPs later. I was hoping it would be as esy as beveing a box, hahahahaaaa!

I think the reason this took so long was because I couldn't figure out how to bevel the edges of the text not from the center of the object or the world, but from the center distance of the thickness of the polygon (does that even make sense?) Anyways, here is my file in case you want to see how I got here and where I can improve:

http://gotpolygons.com/images/bevelFont.jpg

http://gotpolygons.com/hips/fontDemo.hip

Thank you in advance! :)

fontDemo.hip

post-1060-1210278472_thumb.jpg

I am at work so I can't open your file or try it out but how I have done it before is use an extrude to get the depth, another extrude to get the depth of the extrude and then a Peak to get the size of bevel. If you want to keep it a 45 degree bevel link the second extrude amount with the peak amount. I will try when I get home but it should work for you.

Edited by jjstanley