Ubuntu Eclipse set-up

Guest xionmark
Oke so let me refraise, is any one using the hdk on linux?

And what editor do you use and how do you set up the makefile for the compiler?

:lol: thnx

K-Develop & Ajunta, but still looking, evaluating.

DDD for debugging.

But still looking for an IDE solution that's as full featured as what is found for SGI/WIN/Mac/ProDev.

Mark

most people i have spoken to sugjest me to use Eclipse.

I'm currently tryng to learn C++ following 3dBuzz video tutorials wich are pritty damn good i must say.

90 hours of content, OpenGL and shader writing ect.

link: http://www.3dbuzz.com/xcart/home.php?cat=12

i decided this after looking ath the HDK and going :o

Sadly i can't write it in linux so i write it in windows(Micrsoft Visual Studio).

And i must say that Eclips pritty mutch looks like it, only you can have seperate plug-ins so you can use a IDE for practicly any language.

Any way my question to you is, do you use the HDK included makefiles with Ajunta or Kdevelop?

if so could you tell me how to set it up?

I would apreasiate it alot :D

thnx in advanced, tamis van der laan.

Guest xionmark
Any way my question to you is, do you use the HDK included makefiles with Ajunta or Kdevelop?

if so could you tell me how to set it up?

OK, I understand your question better now. I actually have been a bit lazy and used either "hcustom" by itself or within a Makefile that I execute from the command line, not within the IDE. But there are Makefiles in $HFS/toolkit/makefiles for you to use for a properly constructed build system which I'm finally getting around to doing myself. Having jumped around so many different development shops, you're faced with different IDE's, OS', styles & conventions, it's crazy, hard to keep track of!

For me the Linux development world is still new coming from SGI/Sun/IBM/DEC/Mac/68KASM land, but I just found this nice list:

http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Devtools/ides.html

I'll probably end up buying a commercial product because of the added support, I also need cross compilation too, but the freeware offerings are looking more and more mature. Nice.

Back on point, I will take a look at Anjuta's & Kdevelop's build configuration later today and will post my findings (if others haven't already done so).

Mark

I recently followed along side the 3Dbuzz C++ VTM's myself and I had the same dilemma with choosing a good IDE for Ubuntu. Keep in mind I didn't know a thing about C++ before watching the VTM's, but I think Codeblocks is a great IDE. It's actually in the repository, so you can grab it with apt-get or synaptic. It's listed as "codeblocks" version 8.02.

I also use it on Windows when I have to, and I don't have anything bad to say about it there either.