vex layered surface, map tile problem.

Hi all,

I am using vex layered surface and load sequence of texture map.

I projected on a surface and even though I put Map Tiling option to be decal or something else than "repeat", but it keeps repeating the texture?

HELP!!! :(

yes I used UVtexture sop and project the texture with non-transforming Camera(its not moving).

Thans, :(

Are we talking about the viewport or an actual render?

In an actual render, it shouldn't repeat (if you have some tiling other than repeat, that is), but for the "decal" tiling to show in the viewport you need to set it yourself in the OGL tab (last tab) -- toggle "Clamp Texture" on.

... looks like the callback for setting this OGL parm is pooched... or is not linked or something...

Are we talking about the viewport or an actual render?

In an actual render, it shouldn't repeat (if you have some tiling other than repeat, that is), but for the "decal" tiling to show in the viewport you need to set it yourself in the OGL tab (last tab) -- toggle "Clamp Texture" on.

... looks like the callback for setting this OGL parm is pooched... or is not linked or something...

Hi, Thanks for replying.

Yes, only in viewport. its doing that.

Is there any way to fix that in viewport?

Can you explain about whats the difference between decal or other options of map tiling.?

Thanks, :ph34r:

Edited by Jae Yoo

Is there any way to fix that in viewport?

Well, yes, as I mentioned before: just go to the OGL tab and toggle "Clamp Texture" on -- this will clip the texture to the [0,1] range in the viewport.

(BTW... it only seems to fail for the base layer... the other ones seem to work ok...)

If you mean "how do I fix it forever?" then I'd suggest submitting an RFE to SESI.

Can you explain about whats the difference between decal or other options of map tiling.?

Repat: tiles the texture

Streak Edges: extends the value at the edges of [0,1] forever.

Decal: clips to [0,1] and sets the rest to 0

Decal With Z-Clamping: like decal, but also limits the influence in Z so that an ortho projection for example, doesn't end up projecting over all parallel surfaces, but to only the ones within a z range.

Well, yes, as I mentioned before: just go to the OGL tab and toggle "Clamp Texture" on -- this will clip the texture to the [0,1] range in the viewport.

(BTW... it only seems to fail for the base layer... the other ones seem to work ok...)

If you mean "how do I fix it forever?" then I'd suggest submitting an RFE to SESI.

Repat: tiles the texture

Streak Edges: extends the value at the edges of [0,1] forever.

Decal: clips to [0,1] and sets the rest to 0

Decal With Z-Clamping: like decal, but also limits the influence in Z so that an ortho projection for example, doesn't end up projecting over all parallel surfaces, but to only the ones within a z range.

Thanks that was really helpful!

I really appreciate it!

:lol: