Wirecapture one Curve onto Another Dynamic Curve

Hi All,

I am wondering if someone has information on using wirecapture and wiredeform to capture a non dynamic curve onto a lowres curve that is simulated. I have modeled a curve that is in a spiral curly style which I will use as a guide hair for a fur sop. But I want to simulate a lowerRes curve in dops for the deformation. I have tested it out, for the most part it looks ok and is a bit fast, but some of the curves don't exactly follow along with the deformation thats happening. They spin out of control or pop up and down. Any one have advice? I'm uploading a sample file with this posting.

simplewireCaptureFile.hip

Edited by uen

I'm not quite sure what you're looking for here. In the attached file, I just tweaked the WireCapture and WireDeform parameters.

Hello,

I should clarify this a bit more......sorry. The wirecapturing is working for the curves, until you turn on the fur node. The fur isn't moving the way the captured wires are moving. So if you tweak the wire capture, to see whats really going on, you have to view the fur node. Also, I'm using Houdini Build 9.1.244

Sorry

Edited by uen

Hi all,

I did some more testing, Instead of using wirecapture to deform my guide hairs I tried using the intended curlcurve to do the simulation. What I discovered is that my fur node still does not act the way it should, and gives me similar results to what I was getting by trying to wirecapture the curl on to a lower Res curve. I am posting an updated file.

SimulatedGuideCurl01.hip

Edited by uen