First touch

blackchicken

Hello, I'm very happy , this is my first graph in houdini, and, it works hehe. I know it is nothing , as I see some tests here, beautiful. But for me is very difficult learn houdini becouse I'm primary hardsurface modeller in maya and in houdini is everything differently. So there is it. 9 independent boxes and 3 spheres. Also my first mantra render. OCC with one raytrace directional light. Ok, some dynamic is done, now I started with modeling (humvee with TOW, progress soon) and then expand to all categories of this timeless peace of software.

RBD test

Please I have some stupit beginner questions:

first, dynamic:

I use 9.5 free version

I create box, choose shutter but some errors with single faces etc, not good to me. So I choose crack 4 times and create peaces exactly as I want. Thats ok. Now create RBD and everything goes throught dop export to autoDopNetwork. Now AutoDopNetwork is totaly new object? with all rbd objects of course.so I could hide all primary objects if I understand it. If I change some parameters on crack on primaty object, all changes should go throught dop export to autodop isn't? but nothing changes I must delete dop exp and create new rbd and new changes is ready. All should be procedural or do I something wrong?

another thing, all dynamic done but there is some funny peaces which rbd dont like, flying in the air etc. It is there some cleaning nodes for poly? In maya I'll bake to keys all peaces and peaces which is uncorrect delete some end keys or delete object. How solve this thing in houdini?

thanks a lot BC