Photogenics

Mcronin

I remeber getting into a discussion about paint programs on Linux a while back and no one mentioned this one, that I can remeber.

http://www.idruna.com/photogenicshdr.html

They have a free 30 day trial, and it's pretty damn good. It's still not as robust as PS or Painter, but it has a great little interface, it'll do floating point images, it has much better brushes than Gimp or Cinepaint, much more Painter like, and it works nicely with tablets, pressure and all. Also, it runs very nicely, not clunky like Photopaint.

I downloaded it last week and I'm really liking it a lot. Almost enough to spend 80 dollars on it. For some reason though it won't run in demo mode unless I'm offline. It tries to contact idruna's server for authorization if you are online. Check it out though; good stuff.

Guest Guest

Someone already mentioned it a while ago (Leo, perhaps?)

I've tried Photogenics already. It's nice, but nothing special, except for it's HDRI capabilities, if you'd ask me.

I'm looking forward to the stable version of GIMP 1.3. pixel32 is yet quite promosing aswell!

I also hope Adobe will port Photoshop to Linux. And I couldn't care, even if it was 4.x or (better) 5.x to begin with. I mean, does anyone remember Adobe Photoshop 3.0 for IRIX? It was a customized Photoshop "4.5" for UNIX (SGI's IRIX, in this case).