Life in fluids

Lucavfx

Hello,

I'm experimenting with fluids and I was wondering if there is a similar attribute to pop's life available to control fluids.

It would be cool to be able to apply different forces based on life so to have the front of the smoke wave falling due to gravity after 30 per cent of the life and rising again after 60 per cent of its life.

Same applies to density, it would be good to fade out a fluid using life.

I hope it makes sense smile.gif

Cheers

Luca

Hello,

I'm experimenting with fluids and I was wondering if there is a similar attribute to pop's life available to control fluids.

It would be cool to be able to apply different forces based on life so to have the front of the smoke wave falling due to gravity after 30 per cent of the life and rising again after 60 per cent of its life.

Same applies to density, it would be good to fade out a fluid using life.

I hope it makes sense smile.gif

Cheers

Luca

Not by default, but I created a set-up for this here: http://www.sidefx.com/exchange/info.php?fi...p;versionid=529

Not by default, but I created a set-up for this here: http://www.sidefx.com/exchange/info.php?fi...p;versionid=529

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the file, I'll have a look at it as soon as I can. In the meantime I'm lucky enough to sit in the same room of Brian who kindly showed me other ways of achieving a similar effect:

He pointed me to use something similar to pop groups where I can group parts of the fluid spacially rather than temporarly.

By the way Brian is the creator of the latest houdini fluids video tutorials at CMIVFX :)

Cheers

Luca

Edited by Lucavfx