Bevel and UVs

Tiago

Hello,

I have to use a bevel after the uv unwrap, and it messes up the uv map, which I already knew.

My problem is: I tried to UV edit the messed up points, but it's not possible to select just the ones I want, since others that are correctly placed in the uv map move as well...

Anyone as an idea why this happens and what are the ways around it?

Thank you very much in advance,

Tiago

Is it possible to move polygons instead of points to achieve your goal? Moving Polys in the UV editor will allow you to ignore connectivity. (it seems)

I sometimes run into this issue as well and it makes me think I'm approaching things wrong. I know in XSI you can turn "connectivity" on and off for all components, and it would be nice to have this functionality inside Houdini as well.

On another note, www.houdinitools.com has some wonderful additions to the current UV toolset so you may want to check it out if you plan to do much UV mapping in Houdini. In particular the UV unwrap LSCM Sop, and UV uniform SOP are great. They were built for Houdini 8 on Windows, but I've compiled them on Linux for Houdini 9.5 without any problems so far.

-Alan